Wednesday 23 December 2020

Numbers 96 & 97 - Walking dead volumes 27&28


 The most unexpected redemption arc of any character since Merle came good in season 3 and the single most emotional death in the comic series to date both feature in this pair of volumes.  Alongside a war with the whisperers and the biggest zombie horde yet. 

Action packed and emotional are the best words I can think of to describe these.  I was so glad I had vol 28 on hand when I finished vol 27 at lunchtime.  I con't imagine how I would have felt if I'd been collecting the original comics and I got to that point and knew I had a month before they would even start to resolve that cliffhanger.

I know it's winding rapidly towards the final volume and the standard has never slacked in the whole collection so far.  brilliant stuff.  I hope to finish it all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment