Sunday 6 December 2020

Numbers 90&91 - The walking dead volumes 25 & 26


 The saga continues.  I want to finish it all by the end of the year, so two at a time in between books now.

The whisperer storyline is one of the best since the series started. volume 24 ended with the biggest shock and emotional blow so far.  Volume 25 picked up from that with an emotional aftermath and massive trouble for Rick.  The story hasn't been predictable in the slightest and Volume 26 finished with an event I would never have guessed at in a thousand years.

Vol 25 also had a special free issue 1 of one of Kirkman's other comics - Outcast - which seems like a pretty good take on the demonic possession story.  As marketing schemes go, I can't say it's ineffective as I will be seeking that out in the near future.

Only 6 volumes to go... Who is Eugene talking to on the radio?  When the tv spin off ran a similar storyline, it didn't go to any good places.

I'm aware that I now have some massive spoilers for the tv series, but I don't mind.  they've done a good job of keeping the two formats distinct yet similar enough I'm sure there'll be surprises for me on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment