Thursday 5 September 2024

Number 72- Morace's Story- Kaaron Warren

 

I’ve read a few Kaaron Warren novels before, and found them almost unputdownable. So this seemed like a good choice for a quick cheat read.

Sadly it wasn’t.  I don’t know if it’s because it’s pitched below YA that I didn’t like it, or because I’ve not read Walking the Tree- the book this is a companion piece to- but I found this to be less than compelling and rather dull to be honest.

The eponymous Morace goes to school, which means walking around the impossibly large tree that fills the land they live on for five years, stopping at assorted villages to learn their customs on the way around.

It’s a bit repetitive and lacks any real drama or impetus IMHO.  Maybe if I was in the age group it’s aimed at I would have thought it was thrilling, but this is a “not my sort of thing” book.

I did get through it in just under an hour, so it’s a fast read at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment