Saturday 31 October 2020

Number 80 - The Walking Dead vol 23 - Whispers into Screams

The saga continues

These really are excellent cheat reads. 

After 23 volumes I'm running out of things to say about them. 

This is slow paced compared to some issues, but this is setting up what would appear to be major plotlines.  I couldn't help but notice while I was looking for the next volumes online that one three or four down the line is called The Whisperer War, which suggests this group is here for the foreseeable.

There were sections of this that filled me with a righteous anger with the behaviour of some of the characters - always a good sign that you're still emotionally attached to these people.

Carl seems to have turned into a bit of an idiot as he's grown up, but the petty jealousy towards him from people who should know better (Gregory - I'm looking at you) is frustrating for the right reasons. 

I'm only 9 volumes off the end now... and I don't know where the story goes from here, but it's been a great journey so far, and I can't see the writers letting us down in the final section of the story


No comments:

Post a Comment