Sunday 18 October 2020

Number 75 - The walking Dead Vol 21 - All Out War part 2

 

As the title suggests, this is the second part of the all out war with Negan.

All bets are off over who lives and dies in this volume.  Each of these volumes covers 6 issues of the original comic.  Negan appeared 4 volumes ago which means he was the lead threat in the comics for two years. 

Since he joined, the pace hasn't let up at all.  This was the biggest issue with season 7 of the tv show - instead of what happened here where Rick only pretyended to be broken, in the tv show he cracked for real.  They then had to spend half the season for him to decide that living under Negan's tyranny wasn't worth it.

 This led to a marked slowing down of pace.  It wasn't as bad second time I watched it, but it was still an issue.

This volume marks the end of me having any idea where the story goes next. I've caught up to my tv viewing.  I have season 9, but I'm watching the spin off show because I know there's a crossover and feel I need to catch up.

All the usual comments about quality of writing et al apply to this volume as much as the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment