Tuesday 13 October 2020

Number 73 - The Walking Dead Volume 20 - All Out War part 1

 

The saga continues apace

And what a pace...

Intense is not quite a strong enough word to describe this volume.  

The cover and title probably do a pretty good job of describing the plot of this volume.

The war with Negan has begun for real. A lot of story beats are familiar from the tv show, but still a few surprises. With the diversions from the tv characters alive and who's alive here, it really is difficult to guess who will survive the war.  

The writing is top notch.  King Ezekiel is so much funnier in this than he is on tv.  His exchenge with Michonne in the first few pages gave a genuine laugh out loud moment, despite the build up of tension that was happening.

Negan is a supreme villain. He has some of the greatest lines in the books.  A few of them I wish had made it to tv.  

With a cliffhanger ending like this volume has, I'm so glad I've got volume 21 on standby for when I finish my next full length novel.

Shame these finish on volume 32 - I only have 12 more of these great cheat reads to go - and only 1 more until I know nothing about what happens next, even at a wild guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment