Saturday 6 April 2024

Numbers 26 27 & 28- Descender Volumes 4,5,6 - Lemire & Nguyen

 

Lemire is fast becoming one of my go-to names in graphic novels.

Once again, I only intended to read volume 4 when I picked it up the other day.  I ended up reading to the end of the series instead.

The plot never went in any direction that I thought it would. The multiple strands were beautifully handled and came together in a truly satisfying and epic conclusion.

The artwork by Dustin Nguyen is stunning throughout and the water-colour styling makes this one of the most distinctive series I've read. 

I have volume 1 of Ascender- the sequel series to this all ready and lined up for a near future read.

All comments I made on previous volumes still hold here so this is a shorter than usual entry.

I highly recommend this entire series. Great characters, unpredictable storyline, epic yet deeply personal with musings on the nature of sentience. 

I believe there is a big omnibus edition coming out in the near future.  That will probably be the easiest way to read it if you wish to take my advice.






No comments:

Post a Comment