Thursday 12 October 2023

Number 64 - The Plot Vol2


it's a week since I read this. Whoops. 

The second and final volume of this mini series. i probably should have skimmed through part one a second time before reading this one as I initially got quite confused. The non-linear storytelling didn't help much. 

After I re-acclimatised myself to the story and who was who though,  it was an entertaining read. The artwork is really very good indeed and the monster is the stuff of nightmares.

The family are still under attack from the ancient evil that possessed their ancestors. The thing in the  swamps wants its sacrifice.  Can they escape and break the family curse?

I'm not 100% convinced that an ancient evil that was on the land before the houses would have been destroyed in the way they do in the story, but your mileage may vary. 

It killed an hour quite nicely, and is a pretty thing to look at. It's no classic, but it's well worth seeking down and reading.

Not much more I can really say without straying into spoiler territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment