Thursday 29 April 2021

Number 39 The Walking Dead the Alien - Brian K Vaughan & Marcos Martin


 There's not really much to say about this.  It's not by the usual TWD writers. It's a tie in with some series I've never heard of - I think it's called The Private Eye. It's very very short.

The artwork is actually better than the majority of the regular TWD issues.  The story is pretty basic, two characters trying to escape Barcelona at the beginning of the apocalypse featured in the regular series.

It's well done, engaging for the half an hour it takes to read (if you stop to admire the visuals).  I might have got more out of it if I'd known the comic it's crossed over with.  I still might have been a bit miffed at the cost of such a slim volume.  

If you want to read this, and it is certainly worth reading, I'd advise tracking down a used copy as this is overpriced/

I'll not deny the quality of the binding etc, but for once I find myself thinking I paid a bit over the odds for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment