Thursday 21 May 2020

Number 32 - The Walking Dead 6 - This Sorrowful life

The saga continues. 

The biggest lesson to learn from this volume is not to mess with Michonne.  After what she went through in volume 5, she deserved her revenge, but it's possibly the most brutal thing we've seen in the graphic novels so far. 

This far into the story, the characters have become real so when bad things happen - and this is the Walking Dead so we know it's going to - I'm feeling for them.  I shouldn't do because I know how likely they are to die.  And a few of them in particular I know the likely when and how.

That said, there were moments of genuine tension in this volume. One specific double page spread shocked me to the core. 

The artwork continues to improve and the story is really picking up pace. I think I might well start preferring this to the TV show if it continues to improve at this rate.

I ordered volume 7 from the interwebzes yesterday so hopefully it will arrive before I finish my next actual wordy novel. 

As cheat reads go, these are absolutely top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment