Saturday 4 April 2020

Number 22 - The Walking Dead Volume 2: Miles behind Us - Kirkman Adlard Rathburn

These are turning into pretty good choices for cheat reads.

It's quite fascinating to see the differences between this and the TV show.  The end of book 2 - heading for the prison that was the basis for series 3 and 4, and no sign of Daryl yet. Daryl of course is one of three characters who has been a regular in all the first 8 tv series.  I'm wondering when or if he's going to appear.

The artwork is basic and functional again.  There were some set pieces in this volume which I'm disappointed didn't make it into the tv show, particularly the housing estate and the reveal when the snow dripped off the wall to reveal the warning painted on the walls outside.

This is a soap opera with flesh eating zombies popping in to spice up the proceedings and I love that.  There are so many of these to get hold of, and at about one to two hours to sit and read through, my numbers will be very high this year depending how many I can get my dirty mitts on cheaply.

I do wonder why the front cover shows a character in the background who appears to be Michonne even though she's not appeared yet.

One big diference was how sweary Herschell was in the comic, compared with the personality he had in the tv version.

I was worried that my familiarity with storylines would affect my enjoyment of this but it's sufficiently different to give a reral isight into the differences between the storytelling techniques in even the most visual of storytelling devices - film and comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment